Shabby Blogs

Monday 21 November 2016

Inlaid Star

Hello everyone.  I need to say a big thank you to Jen for covering for me last week. I'm actually not doing too badly this time following the surgery to my left hand.


Today's card is for our Uncle Alan who is celebrating his 73rd birthday today.  He's still working even though he has suffered from ill health for a long time.  He will be taking today off though so that he and my Aunt can go out for the day.


This card is made using a paper and the die from the Simon Says Stamp August 2016 card kit.  I love this star.
For this design I cut it out twice - once from patterned paper and once from red card.  


I used the pieces from the red to inlay in the blue paper.  This was quite fiddly but I really like the effect.


The stars and sentiment are from another SSS stamp set, heat embossed in snow white embossing powder.


Hope you like the finished card.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!