Shabby Blogs

Monday 27 February 2017

Shaker Polaroid

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you have all had a nice weekend. We have had a busy and very dusty one, thanks to an orbital sander and a dining table that needed refinishing lol. But it does look good now 😊.


Right, today's card was an attempt at a bead shaker, and while I like the style, I am really not happy with my little pug !!! A bit too heavy handed on the colouring poor thing 😳 which I didn't notice until he was securely behind the acetate, but never mind.


I used MFT Blueprints Dienamics for the frame and MFT Grassy Edges for the layered grass.


The pug is from the Lawn Fawn set called Critters at the dog Park and the bee and sun are from the Lawn Fawn set called Hello Sunshine.


I stamped them all with Memento ink in Tuxedo Black and Cocoa, then after colouring the little dog I cut them out with their matching dies.


For the background I used white card and very lightly blended Tumbled Glass Distress Ink over it, to make a sky background.


I added everything together and then mounted the acetate and frame on foam strips, just leaving a small gap to pour the seed beads through. Then I sealed the gap with a final piece of foam strip.


I added the frame to a white linen card blank and then used a sentiment from the Lawn Fawn set, Scripty Sayings.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!