Shabby Blogs

Friday 10 March 2017

Birthday Candles

Good morning all, are you as happy to see Friday roll around as we are??? It's been a very very long week lol.


But anyway, today's card is one I made a few weeks ago when it was my eldest grandson's birthday. As you can see he turned 11, so I wanted something that would have his age on.


I decided to give the Mini Alphabet Punch Board a try from We R Memory Keepers. I bought this for Jude at Christmas but I hadn't used it yet. I have to say it's very simple to use, the instructions are perfectly clear and there is even an app that you can download to your phone to show you where to make the cuts, for each number or letter.


The one's were really simple, so I cut them from plain white card and hand drew stripes to make them look like birthday candles. Then I added half of a tiny heart behind the top of them and coloured this blue, yellow and orange to look a little like a flame.


For the background I used the Simon Says Stamp, Birthday Bits set, and use Altenew inks to stamp balloons all over a piece of white card.


Then I stamped in a few bows and strings and put it all on to a blue card blank.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you next week.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!