Shabby Blogs

Monday 27 March 2017

Mothers Day Flowers

Good morning all, I hope you had a lovely weekend, and for those of you that are mums, mummies, moms, mothers, mamma's or whatever other name you are known by - I hope you had a very happy mothers day. 

I had a lovely weekend and was very spoilt. On Saturday the 'mummies' in our family were treated to a delicious afternoon tea by my son and daughter-in-law, who arranged it all the way from Cambodia! Then on Sunday, everyone gathered at ours for a delicious Sunday lunch cooked by my husband Alan. 😋 Needless to say a thoroughly enjoyable but not exactly slimming friendly weekend lol. 😉


Anyway, on to the card. As you can see this card is using that gorgeous Fresh Freesia stamp again from Altenew. Apologies that the pics look a little hazy, but can you believe that is sunshine??? I know, in March. I only realised how hazy they were when I uploaded them to the PC !!!!


I stamped the image using Archival ink and then watercoloured with Zig Clean Colour markers. This time trying to replicate the lovely soft purple freesia that has the hint of yellow in the middle, which I think is the colour that mum had in her bridal bouquet.


I stamped one of the sentiments from the Freesia set directly on to the card panel. Then I stamped the Mothers Day greeting using the Avery Elle City Celebrations set, and Grape Jelly Memento ink, on to a plain piece of card and cut it out using an MFT Stamps Stitched Banner die.


I used stitched rectangle dies by Crealies, to cut out the white panel, and the purple background and then mounted the front with fun foam to raise it up.


Then I added the whole thing to a mid-green card base and it was all finished.


Hope you like it, mum did. Take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!