Shabby Blogs

Monday 13 March 2017

Paper Candles

Good morning all, I hope you have had an enjoyable weekend. We have had a busy one again, but managed to spend some time with my granddaughters, as they came for a sleepover on Saturday. As usual they were little angels for us, and then go home and be little devils for their mum and dad lol. 😜


Anyway, today's card was a trial at making patterned paper candles. I used small pieces of paper and rolled them up, then added a piece of white twine in the centre of each one.


The pics aren't very good with the mirror card behind, but they did work OK. I held them together with wet glue and small pegs until they dried. then cut them to size to fit my card.


For the background I used a Peerless Designs, Art Definition Text stencil. I placed it over a piece of textured card, and then softly inked through it, with Salty Ocean Distress Ink.


The Happy Birthday die cut is from Clearly Besotted, and I just used the die and not the matching stamp for this one. I did cut it from quite thick blue card though, as I think it helps to make the definition of the letters very clear. (or is that just me????)


I used a stitched rectangle die to cut the panel to size and added it to an blue A2 card blank. Then I used a Stitched Zig-Zag Circle die to cut a small piece of mirror card for the candles to sit on.


To finish it off, I add a small tag on the bottom of the candles and stamped Brother on it from another Clearly Besotted set.

Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!