Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Die layering

Hell everyone, welcome back.


My card today was inspired by the amazing Jennifer McGuire.  She recently blogged a video (here) on layering die cuts to create simple cards.  This is my version.


I selected four shades of purple to create my layers from.  I took a floral die set and taped the smallest four together before running them through the Big Shot.  I then removed the biggest die and repeated on another piece of card, until I had four floral die cut pieces each slightly smaller than the previous one.


I ran my top piece through with an embossing folder to add a sentiment in the background.

When the pieces are layered together you can see the edge of the smaller die cuts through the aperture in the upper piece of card.  This creates a flower to which I added leaves and a stem.


I topped the flower off with another sentiment cut from gold mirror card to add a little bling.

I think this is a lovely simple card and will be experimenting with different shapes to see what effects I can create.

Hope you like it.  TTFN Jude xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!