Shabby Blogs

Thursday 15 June 2017

Orange Poppies

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good week. We have had two birthdays this week - my granddaughter yesterday and mum on Tuesday. Today's card is one I made for mum.


I wanted to try a different colour combo, so I decided on Grey and Orange, and seen as how orange poppies seem to be everywhere at the moment I thought they would be a good choice.


I used the Painted Poppy set from Altenew and stamped them with Orange Cream, Industrial Diamond and Silver Stone Crisp Dye Inks.


I first stamped one on it's own and cut it out with a plain oval die, and then laid it on top of a scalloped oval die cut from orange card.


Next I randomly stamped a strip of card with flowers and leaves and then cut this down to lay on one side of a grey card blank.


I found some thin grey lace and a bit of sheer orange ribbon in the stash, so used these as decoration, then added the ovals to the front with foam pads.


The Mum stamp is from the Clearly Besotted You and I set, while the sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted Happy Birthday stamp set.



Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!