Shabby Blogs

Monday 31 July 2017

1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation stamping

Good morning all, I hope you have had a good weekend. We had a really busy day on Saturday in the garden, we removed a piece of old lawn and replaced it with some artificial grass. Sounds really simple doesn't it. But believe me it was backbreaking, and my brother did most of the work lol. Anyway, it now looks lovely, and Molly approves 😊, so it was definitely worth it. 


Right, today's card was made after watching some Jennifer McGuire video's, and led to me having a go at 2nd and 3rd generation stamping. The technique, (if you haven't tried it already) is to ink up your chosen stamp and stamp the image, then stamp the image again elsewhere on the page a 2nd and even 3rd time without re-inking. 


Depending on the type of ink you use, will depend on the results you get. For this one I used dye inks, so my 3rd stampings are very feint.


I used Memento inks in Teal Zeal and Dandelion, with a couple of different butterfly and bee stamps, and stamped them randomly across the panel.


Then I cut the large butterfly using a Spellbinders die, and inked it with the same colours.


I stamped a greeting using Tuxedo Black Memento ink, and then layered the panel with a yellow mat, before putting it on a polka dot card blank.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!