Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 2 August 2017

21st Birthday Wishes

Good morning friends, I hope you are having a good week, can you believe we are now in August? I know with the recent weather you'd be hard pressed to believe it, but we really are. Which means pretty soon we'll be having to think about the Christmas cards 🙈!!!


But not today!, today's card is one I made for a young man at work who turned 21 last week. He is very fashion conscious and always immaculately dressed, so I thought I would go with a suit card.


I used a very soft grey shimmer card and cut two pieces to fit in the middle of a 7 x 5 card blank, with a small overlap for the buttons.


Then I measured the same distance from the centre along the top edges and the same distance down the middle overlapping edges on each piece, so that I could fold the lapels evenly. Then I laid these points on to a scoring board and used my bone folder to score and crease them.


For the shirt I used a small piece of white linen card and popped it behind the suit, then I cut a very thin strip of the same card and laid it down the centre, to put the buttons on. I added a bowtie by using a Presscut bow die, and I made the little pocket and hanky with offcuts of the card.


I added the stripes to the lapels and bowtie with just an HB2 pencil and a ruler. Then I added black stickers for his initials, a small happy birthday die cut from a 'new to me' brand called Make, and a 21 die cut from the MFT Stamps, Starlight Number dies.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!