Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Herd of Unicorns

 Good morning again.

This card was made for Keira's 6th birthday last weekend.  I wanted a magical looking background for a fairy tale creature, sitting amongst the clouds.


This idea worked so well it sparked another idea for using inked backgrounds and clouds which you can see in the other versions.


I stamped several of the Unicorns from Lawn Fawn's Critters Ever After, and coloured them all slightly differently.

I then cut several sentiment dies and layered them to achieve a bit of dimension.


For the first one I used various shimmer sprays over an embossed background.  The background was then coloured with Distress Oxide ink in Worn Lipstick.


For the other backgrounds I made a stencil using an MFT sunburst die.


I taped these over my panels and sprayed shimmer spray through the apertures.  As this dries it gives a lovely effect on the card, and the colours change depending on the card you start with.  All of these use the same sparkle coloured shimmer spritz.


I managed to get a picture that really shows off the shimmer well.

To add to the shine I used a few matching sequins.


For the other cards I made two baby cards and another birthday version.

Hope you like them.  TTFN Jude xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!