Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 17 October 2017

85th Birthday Wishes

Good morning all, I hope your week is starting off well. We went over to see our grandsons at the weekend, and watched them take part in a street dance show. They were so good, we had a brilliant time, even if they were absolutely shattered by the end of it lol.


Anyway, today's card is one mum asked me to make for a lady that goes line dancing with her. She reached the age of 85 at the weekend, and so was having a little party that some of the ladies from group attended.


I didn't want to do anything specifically line dancing so I played it safe and went floral instead. I wanted something classy but simple, so stuck with a cream and black colour scheme.


I got the idea for the layout from a few cards I saw on Pinterest, but adapted it to suit my design and materials. I used the Floral Bliss stamp set from Simon Says Stamp, and heat embossed the flower bouquet with black embossing powder.


I stamped it a couple of times and cut one of them up to layer behind the main image. Then I backed them all with black card. For the sentiment I heat embossed stamps from the Clearly Besotted Happy Birthday set. Then added numbers cut with the MFT Starlight Number dies and covered with Glossy Accents.


I layered everything up on a 7 x 5 card blank and added some scored lines to the panels, a ribbon, and a sheer ribbon bow. Then I finished it off with some black and cream pearls.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!