Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Build a Poinsettia

Good morning crafty friends, you have me again today as Jude is overnighting with work in Coventry. Ooh the glamorous life she leads 😉 lol. But then again I keep saying we should send her to Coventry 😆.


Right, today's card is made with the gorgeous new stamp and die set from Altenew called Build a Flower - Poinsettia. We fell in love with this stamp set when it was released so Jude ordered it from Altenew direct so we could definitely have it before Christmas!


I stamped the flower twice, once on Kraft card using Altenew Red Cosmos ink, and then on white card using Altenew Tropical Forest Inks. For both flowers I stamped the outlines with Versamark ink and then heat embossed them with Gold Embossing Powder.


I layered the flowers together using a foam pad and then added tiny drops of Gold Liquid Pearls to the centre. The background is cream card ran through the big shot with a Plaid embossing folder. I love the texture from this folder.


I added the panel to a Kraft card blank and then used a piece of gold glitter washi tape as a background for the stamped sentiment. 


This sentiment is from the latest Simon Says Stamp holiday release, the Falala set. Which I also heat embossed with gold powder.


Then three more tiny drops of gold liquid pearls was all it needed to finish it off.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!