Shabby Blogs

Friday 10 November 2017

Embossed Inset Stamping

Good morning all, I hope you have had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend. I know I am, as I'm eventually getting my hair done again, after way, way too long. I can't really be that grey, can I ???? 😉


Today's card was a bit of an experiment, after seeing a new set released by Concord and 9th that I really wanted but was out of stock - hmphh. Anyway I improvised and used what I had. The set I had seen stamped a background that left spaces for you to use the infill stamps included. 


This meant you could heat emboss a background and then stamp the flowers into the blank spaces afterwards. So I used the Altenew Build a Flower - Poinsettia set, and stamped the flower 3 times on a sheet of white card. 


Then I used the coordinating die to cut them out. with the piece of card I had left, I stamped it all over using a Versamark ink pad. I just pressed the ink pad directly on to the plain paper until I was happy with the coverage. Then I covered it really well with Rose Gold Simon Says Stamp embossing powder.


This gave me this beautiful rich textured background, with spaces for me to stamp the flowers. So I added the panel to another piece of white card and then used Altenew Crisp Dye inks from the Red Sunset set, to stamp the flowers.


For the full flower in the middle I used the outline stamp with Versamark and embossing powder to make it stand out. But in hindsight this wasn't the best idea as it did cause a little bit of bubbling on my background card.


Then to finish it off I stamped a small sentiment from the SSS Falala set on to black card and white heat embossed it, then added the whole thing to a cream card blank.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!