Shabby Blogs

Thursday 2 November 2017

Metallic Embossing

Hello everyone!  I'm back from Coventry and finally got to blog a card :)


I'm giving you a break from Christmas cards with this design.  I saw a very similar design in the October Simon Says Stamp kit and thought how it would make a great masculine birthday card.


I chose four embossing powders which all have a metallic shine to them.  I used rose gold, bright gold, platinum and steel navy.


The stamp set is from the same SSS kit.  I used Versamark ink in the MISTI to get a good impression and individually embossed the different colours.


I took a sentiment stamp from the same set and embossed in steel navy over the platinum strip.


I cut the panel down, matted with navy blue card and added it to a 4.25 x 5.5 card base.

This technique would be so easy to adapt to numerous occasions.  I hope you'll give it a try yourself. 

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!