Shabby Blogs

Monday 20 November 2017

Polar Pal

Good morning all, I hope you have had a good weekend. I managed to find a bit of time to spend in the craft room this weekend, and also managed a trip to the cinema to see Justice League. It was very good 👍😉.


Anyway, today's card was one I made after the latest issue of Creative Stamping magazine landed through the letter box. I just love this stamp set so had to use it as soon as possible.


It contains this cute polar bear along with some other polar pals, and with a bit of masking, you can add jumpers and hats etc. to them all. For this one I had already made the inky background so I stamped his jumper to match.


I made the background by dry brushing Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Spray Inks on to watercolour card. I didn't want a sprayed background so just used them a different way.


Then I used an MFT Stitched Circle die to die cut his little hillside, and used one of the sentiments from the stamp set with Wow Metallic Silver Embossing Powder, to heat set it.


I coloured the polar bear and his jumper with Copics and then added a few clear dew drops, and a stack of presents from a Lawn Fawn stamp set, before popping it all on a dark purple card base. 


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!