Shabby Blogs

Monday 6 November 2017

PPPPPP - Pick up a Penguin

Good morning folks, I hope you have had a good weekend. I managed to spend some time in the craft room yesterday, so today's card is one of the ones I managed to finish.


I love doing ink blended backgrounds, and using the Distress Oxide inks from Tim Holtz makes them so easy, this one used, Faded Denim, Broken China, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean.


Once I had all of my colours down on watercolour card, I spritzed it with water and then laid a plain piece of paper straight on top to soak up any excess. Then when it was dry it gave this lovely mottled effect.


I used a white Wink of Stella shimmer pen to add the drops, I just squeezed a few drops out onto my desk and then used the brush nib to splatter all over the background.


While that was drying I cut the penguins and fish using a magazine freebie set we got recently and then stamped a couple of ice floats from the Avery Elle Polar Pals set.


I cut the ice out with their matching die and then inked around the edges with more distress ink to help blend them with the background.


I placed all of the images on my background and added that to a pale blue card blank. Then to finish off I stamped a simple sentiment, added some snowflake sequins and a few drops of Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter Drops. 


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!