Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 15 November 2017

Winter scenes

It's Wednesday and I'm back with a Christmas card (or two).  Told you it wouldn't be long ;)


These cards were made using a die we received on a magazine last year.  I decided to cut one white and one black then swap the die cut areas between them. That way I would have a black scene on the white card and white on the black.


As you can see, adding the black die cuts worked well, but I decided I wanted the sentiment a different colour.  I used the white letters from the panel and coloured them with red Copic marker before adding them back in.


Unfortunately adding the white sections to the black card didn't work out as well as I thought.  In getting the white ones out I ripped a couple and couldn't use them. I decided to abandon the black and white version and find something else. 


Jen recently purchased some gorgeous sparkly card which looked fabulous with the black.  I cut a simple square and just added it behind the black panel to make a glittery scene.


I really like this version.


On the white card I added a red matt behind and used Nuvo snow blizzard drops to add dimension to the snowflakes.


I'm quite pleased with my final versions, but I admit the black and silver one was much less fiddly!

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!