Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 14 February 2018

You're a Star

Good morning, I hope you are having a good week. I have my grandson's staying this week as it's half-term for them, so I've taken a couple of days off work and we've managed to get out and about with the dogs. Even though the weather isn't great, they really do enjoy getting out in the fresh air and going in the woods and the stream lol. 


Right, today's card is one I made for my eldest grandson, for his birthday last month. I used alcohol inks on glossy paper and splattered them with a Tim Holtz splatter brush.


Then I cut the panel out with the Avery Elle Stitched Wonky Ellements and put it on to a dark blue note card.


The stars are from a Marianne Designs Embossing Folder and die set, I cut them with white card and then coloured the stars with Copic markers to match my background colours.


The grandson sentiment is cut using a Diesire die from Crafter's Companion, and the banner sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn So Jelly stamp set, stamped with Sapphire ink from Altenew.


I laid it all out on the background panel and then raised some of the stars up on foam pads for dimension, and added in a die cut 12 to finish it off.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!