Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 14 June 2017

Pink and gold

Today's card is one made for Mum's birthday yesterday.  
June is a birthday heavy month for us (Lily is 9 today!) so the creative juices need to flow.  Unfortunately good ideas don't always translate in to good cards.


This one started quite differently to the finished result.  It goes to show though that when pushed you can come up with even better ideas!


I used a piece of paper from the June Simon Says Stamp card kit and cut a circle from the top section. This was then edged with cream card. Around this was going to be a ring of flowers but I couldn't get a pink ink I was happy with 😖


In the end I was looking through my stash and this gold card jumped out at me.  I think it looks even better than the flowers would have.  What do you think?


I used a sentiment die in the centre of the circle and popped up the main piece on craft foam.


I'm very pleased with my happy accident card, hope you like it too.

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!